St. Martin's Theatre opens
St. Martin's Theatre first opens on 23rd November 1916. Architect W. G. R. Sprague designed the theatre as a pair with the nearby Ambassadors Theatre, which opened in 1913. The opening of St. Martin's was delayed due to the outbreak of the First World War. The first production was the original run of Edwardian musical comedy, 'Houp La!' starring Gertie Millar.